Student Profile: Chantal Torres

Meet Chantal Torres


Chantal has been taking English classes at GAD Parroquial, and before that she took classes at the Katitawa school. Her enthusiasm for learning and her fun, energetic personality make her a class favorite among teachers and her fellow students. It’s always a joy to see her smiling face.


We asked Chantal if she’d be willing to share some information about herself, her family, and her love of learning. Here’s what she had to say.


Age: 8


  1. Where are you from?
I am from Salasaka.


  1. How long have you been learning English?
Three years total. I started at Katitawa and I am taking classes at GAD Parroquial now.


  1. Why do you want to learn English?
I like it. It’s very fun and I like to meet the volunteers.


  1. Tell us about your family.
I have one older brother and one older sister. My brother is in 10th grade and my sister is in University. My brother is fun. He used to come to the school. So did my sister. And my mother used to come to the school with her friend Mercedes.


  1. What do you enjoy about English classes?
I like playing, drawing, learning, and listening to music. I like Fridays the most because it’s game day.


If you’re interested in taking English classes in Salasaka, send us an email at volunteers.schedule@gmail.com, or send us a message on Facebook.

Comments