What Past Volunteers Have To Say About Their Time Here.

Carmen Sobande
United Kingdom
14th Jan - 28th Jan 2010
 
In Sept 2009 I sent off to travel around South America in order to rediscover my 'mojo'.
 
In total I spent 10 1/2 months experiencing many wonderful adventures but the time which is the most precious to me was the time I spent at katitawa.
 
From the first day I arrived at katitawa I was bowled over by the warmth and love of the kids.
 
I challenge anyone who has spent time at Katitawa to think about it without smiling - it's impossible!!
 
I have so many lovely recollections it is difficult to pin down particular ones.
 
However, the way Francesca's face lit up when i drew her a mini mouse mask, Adrian's careful drawing and coloring in, Jessica's shy smile and Cezar's mischievous cheeky grin and the cries of "Carmenita" when Ron & I arrived back to take part in the football tournament.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 15TH KATITAWA!!!! HERE'S TO MANY MORE!
 
& well done to Robert in helping to build and maintain such a special magical place. You have created an amazing legacy and are an inspiration (I don't use that word lightly)
 
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

Comments