The Annual Christmas Program Will Be Presented On Thursday, December 18th.

Anyone who is in the area at this time we urge you to attend.

UP-DATE REGARDING THE RAFFLE



The raffle has been cancelled. The donated television met with an early death when it fell off the bed that it was resting on while waiting for its new owner. The details go like this: When I picked up the TV I brought it to Salasaca and asked one of the volunteers to move it up to the extra bed in my room. At 5:00 AM, I awoke and remembered another incident that happened ten years ago. I had put a computer monitor on a bed and in a few hours it rolled off. I got up and found the TV in the same spot that it had been in all night but to be safe I moved it to the center of the bed. In no more than five minutes I heard a crash and found the poor Sony on the floor, its case in pieces.

The moral of the storey....don't put a front-heavy TV a foam mattress. At least sitting upright with it's face facing the edge of the bed. It took me two times to learn this, but now I have it firm in my brain.

We will return the money to those who have purchased tickets with a big thank you for your support.


Recently a used television was donated to the school. We decided to see if we could parlay this into some urgently needed funds and we believe we could do this with a raffle. We will add twenty surprise gifts to the pot and have the drawing at the school during the Christmas Program.

A thought occurred to me that maybe some of the past volunteers who read this blog would like to buy a ticket or five in the name of some of their past students. A favorite perhaps or one that particularly grabbed your heart. It would help the school and may bring a little joy to a person who is not accustomed to getting gifts at Christmas. Perhaps there is also someone out there who has never been here and would like to participate....You are also welcome.

Comments